Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Perfect Day

Stellar. Seriously.

This morning, I co-hosted the North Suburban Beat for CTV-15 with Carla Beaurline... fun AND educational. I minored in journalism, and it's definitely a potential career path for me - especially if I can combine it with music in some way. You can watch the video here. I really got into the swing of things about halfway through, when I remembered that it's not about me reading the words off the teleprompter (even though that's fun); it's about connecting with people and providing them with information they can use. Next time, I'll make sure to think about that from the beginning.

Next, I had a photo shoot with my eye surgeon, Dr. Marshall Everson of Edina Eye Physicians and Surgeons P.A. at Steve Silverman Imaging. [I'll post some proofs once I have them.] The entire staff at Edina Eye is remarkably kind & generous - special thanks to Lisa Sundberg (Marketing Director) and Christina Scherbing, who helped me select sunglasses to protect my new 20/15 vision! Purple frames with rose-colored lenses... delicious.

I then made the trek up to Duluth for rehearsal with the Duluth-Superior Symphony Orchestra. We rehearsed the Organ Symphony by Saint-Saens, which I first played as a member of the Minnesota Youth Symphonies back in the day. I love witnessing the progression from the first rehearsal to the concert, and this will be no exception.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home