Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Sunday, November 05, 2006

Minnesota Youth Symphonies

I spent 9 wonderful years as a violist in the Minnesota Youth Symphonies, and today I participated in a slightly different capacity - as the co-emcee! James Lileks and I introduced each of the orchestras (there are 4) and chatted about my platform and preparing for Miss America.

with Manny and Claudette Laureano, founders and conductors of MYS

Symphony (the highest of the 4 orchestras) performed part of Mahler's Symphony No. 3, which is a piece I had played as an MYS member several years ago. One of this organization's greatest strengths is its refusal to treat musicians 18 &under like children. On that stage, under that leadership, those students are adults. Professionals.

And they play like it, too.


Congratulations, MYS, on a great start to a new season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home