Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Before Judge and Jury

The Schubert Club is a non-profit arts organization based in St. Paul. Every spring, they sponsor a scholarship competition for music students from junior high to college. I started competing in 7th grade; throughout the subsequent 8 years, I won a variety of awards, including First Place in the College Strings division in 2003.

They also sponsor several concert series, including the Courtroom Concerts. These Thursday afternoon concerts are held in downtown St. Paul's historic Landmark Center. This afternoon, I was a featured performer. Leah Siltberg and I performed Rebecca Clarke's Sonata for Viola & Piano (1919) - one of my favorite pieces in the viola repertoire.

Thanks to Sharon Carlson at the Schubert Club for coordinating this event!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home