Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

MNSOTA (and yes, I know how to spell)

...that actually stands for Minnesota String and Orchestra Teachers Association, whose fall clinic and meeting was held this morning. Ken Freed, a violist in the Minnesota Orchestra, spoke regarding learning through music and the ways in which music relates to other academic areas. Jane Linde Capistran, faculty member of Concordia College in Moorhead, discussed how to balance the many roles a music teacher must play. I shared my journey of becoming Miss Minnesota and the reasons behind my platform. I met several educators from across the state with whom I was able to set up presentations and performances. The music world is a small place, and one connection always leads to another!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home