Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Friday, October 13, 2006

Lakewood School

This afternoon, I visited with 5th-graders at Lakewood Elementary School in Duluth. They're about to begin a Science unit on sound, so we discussed how stringed instruments make sound and the differences between a viola and a violin. (In case you've been wondering: the viola is larger than the violin and has a deeper, lower, richer sound.)



On my last visit to Duluth, I enjoyed the fall colors. This time, it snowed. A mid-October blizzard. The students seemed to be excited about it, and during Q&A/Requests time, I ended up performing Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.

I guess it's never too early to be festive - especially if you're a Minnesotan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home