Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Oh, Say, Can You... (what noise do timberwolves make?)

Tonight, I performed the National Anthem at the Timberwolves vs. Cavaliers game at the Target Center in Minneapolis.

That's me, center court... if you squint...

The Jumbotron makes things a little easier...

with Crunch, the team mascot

I wore my Rodney Alfred cocktail dress that I had worn for On-Stage Question at Miss America - blue is one of my favorite colors, and it's a Timberwolves color too! Rod, David, Barb, Jackie, Kevin, and my Mom & Dad and cousins Richard and Paul joined me for the game. The Wolves lost, but they were up against some pretty stellar talent.

Fun story: as I was warming up backstage (or back-court, or whatever it's called), the Cavaliers players were walking by... every one of them stopped for a double-take, and one held up his arms as if he were playing a violin/viola. I was later informed by the intern (thanks for everything, Jackie!) that it was LeBron James. The superstar.

Oh, and it's snowing. I always get fooled into believing April actually means spring or summer... *sigh*

1 Comments:

  • At 10:22 PM, Blogger Five Little Monkeys said…

    Congratulations, Nicole! It was so nice to find your blog! It sounds like you have had quite a year. Say hello to your family for us!
    Amy (Bradbury) Redhage

     

Post a Comment

<< Home