Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Friday, January 19, 2007

Viva Las Vegas (original title, I know)

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!

It's almost 11:00pm Vegas time, which means 1:00am Minnesota time... and I've been up since 4am, so this is going to be short.

First of all, I apologize for not posting these past couple weeks; last-minute preparations essentially consumed all my time. I'll do my best to make up for it with regular updates (hopefully including photos) from Vegas!

I arrived mid-morning and rode from the airport with Miss Michigan, Angela Corsi, and our 8 suitcases (5 mine, 3 hers... I brought all my competition wardrobe with me). I was thankful to have a few hours to unpack, do wardrobe try-ons, nap, shower, and get ready for our first group appearance - the arrival ceremony! We were each announced by and presented with a rose by the mayor of Las Vegas, Oscar Goodman.

This evening, we had an orientation meeting with Miss America officials, our security team(s), our hostesses, and Children's Miracle Network officials. THEN we had a preview of Pageant School: Becoming Miss America, which you can all watch on Friday, January 26 (click the link for details). It was fun to relive memories of our time in Los Angeles in September... it's hard to believe 4 months have passed since then!

Tomorrow morning we have our first rehearsal, a runway show and autograph signing at Fashion Show mall, and a reception here at the Aladdin/Planet Hollywood. The festivities begin in just over 8 hours, so it's time for Heidi (Voight, Miss Connecticut - my fabulous roomie) and me to get some sleep!

Sweet dreams, world :)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Laurie said…

    Oh my goodness, Nicole! I had no idea that there are 10 days of festivities before the live show on CMT. Have an awesome time. I can't wait to see you on tv!

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Nicole hope you are having fun . I miss you so much . I will watch on the 29th . Bye

     

Post a Comment

<< Home