Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Sunday, January 21, 2007

we are dreamgirls...

I wonder what we'll be tomorrow? :)

I knew it would be a great day when I awoke to a beautiful sunrise outside our window. Morning and afternoon rehearsals flew by! We've officially learned both versions of the Parade of States - one for the Preliminary nights and one for the telecast. We also reviewed blocking for Swimsuit. Our rehearsal space was much larger than it was yesterday, and stage markings were taped out on the floor, so we're starting to get a feel for what the show will be like!

During our 1.5-hour break, I talked to my parents for the first time since they dropped me at the airport on Friday - Hi again, Mom & Dad! After that, I decided to indulge in some quality time with my curling iron... check out the results in these photos... what do you think? :)

After dinner, we bussed (funny-looking word) over to Brendan Theatres at the Palms, where we were treated by CMT and Paramount to a private screening of Dreamgirls. I had already seen it once, and I honestly enjoyed it even more this second time around! Visually stunning, well-acted... Jennifer Hudson's passionate performance is absolutely inspirational. A CMT crew filmed us before & after the screening and interviewed us about our thoughts regarding the movie... I'm not exactly sure when that will be aired. If I find out, I'll let you know.

On tomorrow's schedule... more rehearsal (we'll learn Evening Gown!), a photo shoot for Children's Miracle Network, gondola rides, and a dessert reception at the Venetian... which Mike Allegretto keeps telling us is AMAZING. Definitely looking forward to that.

Until then...

~Nicole~




3 Comments:

  • At 6:58 PM, Blogger Randy said…

    hi Nicole!
    Great pictures!!!
    Much love,
    You new Miss TC board

     
  • At 12:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi, Nicole,

    You wear the curls well - one of your many great looks! Thanks for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to give us updates on what sounds like an amazing experience. We're praying for your daily!

    Tom and Family

     
  • At 6:16 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Hi Nicole,
    I am Tracey, Spud's niece. God that looks like a blast! What a monumental time in your life. You are beautiful and I wish you the best of luck.
    Sincerely,
    Tracey

     

Post a Comment

<< Home