Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Monday, April 16, 2007

The Beginning of the End

At least, that's what people have been calling it. This past weekend was Contestant Forum, which included orientation for State Week, a fun project for the contestants, and a fashion show gala. I had been out of commission all of last week with bronchitis and an ear infection, but the antibiotics had kicked in enough that I was functional and vertical for the weekend.

It's definitely different to be on this side of things, as Miss Minnesota, looking back on my year and trying to remember the things going through my head at this time last year. I loved being able to spend time with this year's contestants. I am so excited for each one of them and the opportunities they will experience over the next couple months as they prepare for Miss MN week. I'm also excited for them as a group - State Week is going to be so much fun! Our pageant will be held at a new and glorious facility - the Eden Prairie Center for the Performing Arts, and our new host hotel - Holiday Inn Select in Bloomington - has been fantastic for all the events thus far.

For everyone who wants to be a part of State Week, don't forget to turn in your registrations for the Twins Game, the Golf Tournament, and the Saturday Brunch. All registration forms are available on the official Miss Minnesota website.

Some photos from the weekend:

The contestants participated in a Project Runway-inspired event. Their challenge: create a cocktail dress from a box filled with miscellaneous materials.
*I know there are more pictures of the finished products - email me at missmn06@gmail.com if you have any, and I'll post them!*


At the fashion show, I modeled gowns from Isabella Collections in Lakeville and Dorothy Benham Bridal in Richfield (featuring Rodney Alfred and Jovani). This red number from Isabella's was created by the same man who designs dresses for Deal or No Deal!

The people who make it all happen: David, Barb, Jackie, Rod, Paula, Julie, and Jennifer... the Executive State Board

The lovely ladies competing for the crown!
front: Mackenzie, Danielle, Tina, Amanda, Lacey, Liz, Jennifer, and Meghan
back: Colleen, Cori, me, Cindy, Kasandra, and Lauren
not pictured: Kathryn (had to catch a flight) and Karissa (couldn't make it on Sunday morning)

Starting mid-May, I'll be posting Q&A's with each contestant, so if there's anything YOU want to know about THEM, let me know! Post a comment (you can even do it anonymously) or send me an email (missmn06@gmail.com). Let's make this interactive!

'Til next time...

1 Comments:

  • At 7:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The beginning of the end of your fabulous year Nicole--but there will never be an end to our love for you. You have done such amazing things this year for all of us and for the state of Minnesota.
    Barb

     

Post a Comment

<< Home