Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Monday, June 04, 2007

The Ides of May

Mid-May. Only one month away from mid-June, when a new face will become Miss Minnesota. But the adventure isn't over yet!!!

5/10 - I visited with a Brownies troop at Orchard Lake Elementary in Lakeville. Chloe, one of my viola students is a member and invited me to speak to her friends. Chloe and I played a few duets, I performed, and we had question-and-answer time. Many of them told me they want to be Miss Minnesota someday, and I said that would require lots of practicing and goal-setting!



5/11 - Young Audiences of Minnesota hosted their annual dinner & theatre benefit, and I served as celebrity emcee for the evening. It was an honor to be part of an event in support of such a great organization that provides in-school arts learning opportunities for students throughout the state. We were treated to a delicious dinner at Graves 601 Hotel in Minneapolis, followed by All Shook Up at the Orpheum.

5/16 - In the morning, I rehearsed with the orchestra at Park Center High School for the next evening's concert. That evening, I interviewed with Carla Beaurline and Mark DeJoy on Around Town Radio. Click here to get more information on the show!

5/17 - Orchestra concert at Park Center High School... I performed the first and second movements from Telemann's Viola Concerto. It was the final concert of the year, which also meant the final high school concert ever for the seniors. The class officers gave a very warm tribute to Mary Gagnon, the orchestra director (pictured below). She teaches and conducts with amazing energy! Many thanks to the Mary, the PCHS students, and those who attended the concert in support of the program!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nicole did a residency with the Park Center, Brooklyn Junior, and Birch Grove Elementary students in April and then came back in May to play the Telemann with my Park Center students. She was so gracious and down-to-earth that I don't think the high school kids really grasped that she was Miss Minnesota until she stepped out on stage with her viola and wearing that crown. Their eyes got so big! Thank you so much for an experience my students will remember always.

    Mary Gagnon
    Park Center Senior High
    Brooklyn Park, MN

     

Post a Comment

<< Home