Miss Minnesota Travels

Get the full scoop on Nicole Swanson's appearances, travels, and experiences as Miss Minnesota 2006.

Monday, June 04, 2007

So many questions...

My favorite part of any school presentation is Question & Answer time. That's when I really get to hear what's important to the students, when their curiosity and creativity shine through.

On May 29th, I visited Sacred Heart School in Waseca. I presented to the entire school, grades K-4, in two shifts. During the second Q&A time, one girl raised her hand and asked, "When you shower... do you take the crown off?"

On May 30th, I visited middle schools in the Robbinsdale school district. One student asked if I would kiss him (I'm sorry, but no), and another asked if I was engaged to Joe Mauer (also no). Some students wanted to know if I had specific advice for string players, and others were interested in what it takes to become Miss Minnesota.

Questions aren't limited to grades K-8, however. This past weekend I was in Atlanta for the wedding of my friends Mary & Gavin. Bridesmaids, relatives from Mississippi, servers at the reception: "Are you really Miss Minnesota?" (yes) "At Miss America, did you call each other by your real names or by states?" (both) "Has it been a good year?"

To the last one... Absolutely. A gigantic, resounding, YES!!! I know I've said this before, but it's hard for me to believe it's all coming to an end. At the same time, though (and yes, I'll say this again too)... I can hardly wait for Miss Minnesota 2007 to have the time of her life.

Who will that be???? Come to the pageant - June 15-17 - and find out! Click here for your tickets... I'll see you at the show!

(And yes, there will be updates along the way!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home